Wednesday, December 16, 2015



My aunt says if she gets reincarnated
she wants to come back as a firefly.
They're the most efficient light producers
in the world, 100% of the energy going to light. 
And they don't burn themselves out by blissing about.
When it comes to dating, the guys do all of the
prancing and the women just sit back and
wait for the right glow to come along.
The teenagers glow. The babies glow... 
Even the eggs will glow if disturbed!
Can you imagine, giving birth
to luminescent eggs? What a thrill!
And their favorite food? Escargot. So chic.
Of course, my aunt is a cougar in this life,
so she's hoping to come back as a Photuris firefly.
The She Bug of this branch of the family
 lures guys of another genus up to her little leaf.
When he's within her reach she pounces... 
and eats him! That is soooo my aunt.
Me, if I was a firefly, I'd be in the light brigade.
You know, the artsy fartsy Photinus carolinus that
puts on a synchronous light show every spring?
That's more my style. Group theatrics to charm the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment